Xmas Prawn Cocktail
Our fresh Xmas take on the classic prawn cocktail. Little gem lettuce cups filled with a delicious, mayo, avocado, herby prawn cocktail. Super simple but sure to impress the whole family!
- 1 twin pack cos sweet petite (we love The Fresh Grower )
- 2 cups raw prawns (we love Sea Cuisine)
- Some large tiger prawns for garnish (we love Sea Cuisine)
- Avocado Oil (we love Olivado)
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes
- 1 large ripe avocado, halved, stone removed, diced(we love New Zealand Avocado)
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- A handful of mint, chopped (we love Superb Herb)
- A handful of parsley, chopped ( we love Superb Herb)
- For the cocktail sauce
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup Sour Cream( we love Anchor )
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce( we love Chantal Organics)
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- Well chilled Ara Wine Pinot Gris goes very well with this delicate prawn cocktail.
- Separate the leaves of the little gem lettuce, wipe clean. Arrange on serving platter.
- Cook small prawns in boiling water for 2-3 minutes until completely pink and cooked through. Set aside to cool.
- Mix all the cocktail sauce ingredients together, season.
- Combine the cooked prawns, cocktail sauce and herbs in a bowl. Stir gently to combine.
- Over high heat in a frying pan drizzle some avocado oil and fry off the large tiger prawns with a pinch of chilli flakes until pink and caramelised – around 3-5 minutes.
- Top each lettuce cup with a spoonful of prawn cocktail mixture, sliced avocado, a chilli tiger prawn and a sprinkle of extra herbs. Serve with lemon wedges and devour!