Make your own hummus with ingredients you may have at home already. This fresh herb hummus is flavourful and delicious with fresh bread, crudité or crackers. This recipe is best to make just before serving
- 1 large NZ avocado
- 1 can (400g) Chantal Organics Chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 5 tbsp Chantal Organics Hulled Tahini
- 1 cup Superb Herb Coriander
- ¼ cup Olivado Extra Virgin Avocado Oil
- 2 Lemons, juice only
- 1 clove Garlic, chopped
- ½ tsp Cumin
- Salt & Pepper
- Process all ingredients except oil in a food processor until smooth for about 1 minute. Stream in the oil with the processor running and process a little longer until hummus is light and creamy. Taste, and season with salt & pepper.
- Mix smoked paprika with oil. Serve hummus topped with pumpkin seeds, extra coriander, paprika oil and more drizzles of oil.
This fresh green herb hummus recipe is best to make just before serving, as the beautiful green colour turns brownish on top with time.