Prawn Tacos Bowls
Crispy deep fried coconut prawns served in homemade taco bowls filled with crunchy fresh iceberg lettuce, spicy, sweet avocado salsa and a zesty coconut lime aioli - next level deliciousness!
- For the prawns
- 1 cup large king prawns, peeled, deveined, tails intact (we love United Fisheries)
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut (we love Alison's Pantry
- 1/2 cup panko crumbs
- Vegetable oil, for shallow-frying
- For the salsa
- 1/4 a Pineapple - diced finely (we love Dole)
- 1 Avocado - diced finely (we love New Zealand Avocado)
- 1 Lime - zest and juice
- 1 Chilli - diced finely
- 1/2 Red Onion - diced finely
- A handful of Coriander - finely chopped (we love Superb Herb)
- For the coconut lime aioli
- ½ cup of natural Coconut yoghurt
- 1 Lime zest & juice
- 1 Garlic clove - minced
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- To serve
- Giannis wraps
- Iceberg lettuce
- Extra Coriander
- Extra Lime
- Kitchen Equipment:
- We used a Le Creuset ramekins
- Baking beans
- Baking paper
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease 8 large ramekins with oil.
- One at a time, press your wraps into each ramekin (you may need to microwave to soften first),Bake for 10 minutes or until you have beautiful golden crispy taco bowls. Set aside.
- Place flour in a bowl. Add prawns. Toss to coat.
- Whisk egg in a shallow bowl.
- Combine coconut and breadcrumbs on a plate.
- Dip 1 prawn in egg mixture, then breadcrumb mixture. Place on a plate. Repeat with remaining prawns, egg mixture and breadcrumb mixture. Pop in the fridge to sit until you are ready to fry.
- To make the salsa, combine all of the salsa ingredients, stir to combine and season to taste
- To make the coconut aioli, combine all of the aioli ingredients, stir to combine and season to taste
- In a large heavy based fry pan over a high heat, heat the oil for frying. Fry off the prawns very carefully until golden brown and drain off extra oil with a paper towel.
Fill your taco bowls with iceberg lettuce, salsa, coconut aioli, crispy prawns and fresh herbs. Devour!