Bacon Guacamole Chicken Bombs
Chicken, bacon, avocado and brie, is there a better combo? Featuring pesto guacamole. These bombs are easy to whip up for a fast but tasty dinner option.
- 2 Waitoa Free Range Chicken Breasts
- 125g streaky bacon
- ½ avocado, peeled and stone removed
- 2 tbsp deli style dips, basil pesto, pecorino and cashews
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 1 ts fresh Thyme, roughly chopped + extra for serving
- 4 slices of brie or camembert
- Preheat the oven to 200°C fan bake. Line a deep dish baking tray with baking paper.
- Mash avocado with basil pesto in a small bowl. Stir through herbs until just combined. Set aside.
- Butterfly-cut the chicken breast fillets. Place one hand on top of chicken to keep it steady. Insert a sharp knife to slice into one side of the breast, starting at the thicker end. Be careful not to cut all the way through to the other side.
- Open up the butterfly, spoon half the avocado mixture and 2 slices of cheese onto one side and fold to close.
- Wrap the streaky bacon around the chicken to enclose the filling.
- Place onto the baking tray. Spray with a little oil. Bake for 30 –35 minutes. Until bacon is golden brown.
- Serve with your favourite salad.