Venison steak rice noodle salad
- Steak salad
- 400g New Zealand farm raised venison minute steaks
- Lee Kum Kee pure sesame oil
- 1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 cups Superb Herb kale, coriander, Thai basil, basil etc. (assorted herbs)
- 1 NZ avocado, sliced
- 2 tbsp DYC white vinegar
- 2 tbsp Golden Sun sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp Golden Sun fish sauce
- 1 tsp Lee Kum Kee premium soy sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp grated garlic
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 tsp Superb Herb lemongrass, grated
- 1 red chilli
- To serve
- Lemon wedges to serve
- FreshLife sesame seeds, toasted
- 125g dried rice stick noodles or 300g homemade rice noodles
Enjoy the light rice noodles in this summer salad paired with tender venison minute steaks and plenty of herby greens. Flavourful sweet & sour chilli dressing transforms the salad exotic and delicious. Lovely for casual entertaining.
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 8 min
- Rice noodles : Prepare dry noodles according to the packet instructions. Alternatively make homemade rice noodles
- Mix all the dressing ingredients. Set aside.
- Oil and season the venison steaks and barbecue or pan fry to your liking. Rest the steaks for 10 minutes, then slice.
- Arrange the rice noodles on a platter or individual bowls. Top with salad ingredients and steaks. Pour dressing all over, sprinkle sesame seeds and serve with lemon wedges.