Barbecue deluxe venison burger
- Venison patties:
- 500g New Zealand Farm raised venison mince
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp instant mashed potato flakes
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Superb Herb thyme, leaves picked
- 1 tbsp Superb Herb Italian parsley, chopped
- Black pepper
- Deluxe burger components:
- Oil for the barbecue
- 3 burger buns
- 1 NZ Avocado, mashed
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Chilli flakes
- 3 eggs
- 6 rashers Farmland streaky bacon
- 6 rashers Farmland streaky bacon Lettuce
- Optional add-ons:
- Tomatoes, sliced
- Gherkins, sliced
- Barbecue or tomato sauce
- Handee paper towels
These deluxe burgers are a satisfying barbecue meal. Stack your burgers high for the ultimate feast.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
Serves : 3
- Venison patties: Combine all patty ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Portion into 3 patties. Set aside.
- Preheat the barbecue to medium high. Clean with Handee paper towels. Drizzle the barbecue with oil then place patties on. Cook for 4-5 minutes each side. Cook bacon rashers and the eggs next to the venison patties at the same time.
- Meanwhile, mash the avocado, mix in sour cream, garlic, chilli and lemon juice. Season. Prepare vegetables. Use a Handee paper towel to remove extra surface water from lettuce, tomato slices and gherkins.
- Place a Handee paper towel on a tray. Place the cooked burger patties, bacon and eggs to absorb extra grease. Keep warm.
- Warm your burger buns then spread the avocado mash, lettuce, burger, tomato, bacon, gherkins, fried egg topped with your favourite barbecue sauce or/and aioli then close it with the top half of the bun.