Fresh avocado and tomato salad
2 as a main, 4 as a side
- 2 NZ Avocados
- 2 cups Beekist chef's selection tomatoes
- 1/3 cup Superb Herb basil leaves
- 1/3 cup FreshLife pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled into ribbons
- 1/2 small red onion, mandolined or thinly sliced
- 200g halloumi, sliced
- 2 tbsp BluesBros blueberry balsamic drizzle
- 3 tbsp olive oil
This fresh avocado and tomato salad is the perfect lunch option on a sunny day. The veggies with golden fried halloumi, crunchy toasted pumpkin seeds and a drizzle of blueberry balsamic drizzle make the most mouth watering salad.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 5-10 mins
- In a nonstick frying pan over medium heat, add a tablespoon of olive oil and fry halloumi until golden. Set aside.
- Scoop and dice the avocados. Set aside.
- Halve some of the tomatoes, leaving the smaller ones whole. Set aside.
- Add halloumi, vegetables and basil to a large bowl, pour over olive oil and blueberry balsamic drizzle. Scatter with toasted pumpkin seeds and serve.