Kumara Burger, Poached egg & Avocado
There’s nothing better than a perfectly poached egg and avocado for breakfast and what better what to have it than with a stack of vege goodness!
- 1 packet Kumara Burgers (we love Bean Supreme)
- Extra Virgin Avocado Oil (we love Olivado)
- 4 free range eggs (we love Woodland)
- A drop of white vinegar
- 2 cups baby spinach (we love The Fresh Grower)
- Portobello mushrooms
- 2 NZ avocados
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt & pepper
- Heat oven to 180C and line a baking tray with parchment.
- Lay the portobello mushrooms on the tray and top with garlic, thyme, avocado oil, salt and pepper. Bake for 20-30 minutes.
- Cook the kumara burgers in a frypan or barbeque with a drizzle of extra virgin avocado oil. Keep warm.
- Wilt spinach in slightly salted water and refresh. Drain and squeeze excess water out.
- In a bowl, smash the avocado flesh with a fork with lemon juice, salt, black pepper and paprika.
- Poach eggs. One at a time. In a saucepan, bring at least 5 cm deep water to a simmer. Add a drop of vinegar. Stir the water to create a gentle whirlpool to help the egg white to wrap around the yolk. Break the egg in a small bowl then gently tip it in the centre. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the egg white is set. Lift the egg out with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper. Repeat.
- Place a kumara burger on a serving plate. Top with spinach, mushroom, avo smash and poached egg. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, garnish with garlic chives and thyme – drizzle of extra virgin avocado oil.