Avocado salad boats
These beautiful avocado salad boats would make a great starter or side when entertaining guests. Or a fun and easy activity for kids to put together.
- 2 NZ Avocados, halved and stone discarded
- 3 tbsp FreshLife sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp Olivado Extra Virgin Avocado Oil with Lemon Zest
- 2–3 small radish, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup edamame, cooked and drained
- 1/8 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 yellow capsicum, diced
- 2 tbsp micro herbs
- lemon wedges to serve
- On a small plate mix the white and black sesame seeds together.
- Brush the cut side of the avocado with oil. Firmly press the oiled side of each avocado into the sesame seeds. Lightly shake to remove any loose seeds.
- Artistically build your salad in the center using radish, edamame, red onion, capsicum and micro herbs.
- Serve as a starter or with your favourite main dishes.