Avocado, salmon & vermicelli poke
- 1 NZ avocado, sliced
- 200g fresh salmon filet, skinned, boned and sliced
- 50g vermicelli
- 1/4 cup Lee Kum Kee gluten free soy sauce
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ½ tsp wasabi
- 2 tsp Lee Kum Kee pure sesame oil
- 1 Spring onion, sliced
- 8 sheets seaweed snack, cut into strips
- sesame seeds
- Optional added colours:
- edamame, cooked
- radish, sliced
- red onion, sliced
- Cucumber, sliced
- or seasonal vegetables
Colourful avocado and salmon poke bowl salad recipe with refreshing vermicelli, ideal for lunch or dinner. It can be served as appetiser, or add more seasonal vegetables to make it more substantial. A simple Japanese style wasabi dressing works great.
Prep time: 10 min (+ marinating 20 minutes)
Cook time: 3 min
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, lemon juice, wasabi and sesame oil to make a dressing.
- Pour over ½ of the dressing over salmon. Cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare vermicelli according to the packet instructions.
- Arrange vermicelli, avocado and salmon in two individual serving bowls, topped with spring onion, seaweed and sesame seeds. Add more seasonal vegetables if you like.(optional)