Bacon and egg stack with avocado coriander salsa
- 12 rashers Farmland streaky bacon
- 4 slices sourdough toast
- 4 eggs
- Handful of rocket
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Avocado salsa:
- 2 NZ avocados, scooped
- 1/3 cup Superb Herb coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
Make this epic bacon and egg stack for your weekend brunch. It’s perfect paired with a zingy avocado & coriander salsa.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line 2 trays with baking paper.
- Lay bacon rashers on a tray and cook until crispy, about 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make your salsa. Scoop the avocados into a bowl and mash with a fork, add remaining ingredients, stir well, and season to taste. Set aside.
- When the bacon is almost cooked, toast sourdough on the second baking tray in the oven until golden. Drizzle with olive oil if you like.
- Add a little olive oil to a nonstick frying pan over medium heat and cook eggs until your liking. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve: Place sourdough toasts down first, slather with avocado salsa, then stack with bacon, rocket, a fried egg, sourdough, more delicious bacon and a second egg. Serve with avocado salsa.