Salmon and Avocado Verrines with Zesty Dill Dressing
Verrine is an elegant French-style appetiser served in a small glass. This beautiful salmon pink and avocado green combo is perfect for your festive table. A creamy lemon dill dressing enhances the taste and colour.
4 or more
- 1 fillet Aoraki Pohutukawa hot smoked salmon (allow 40–50g per portion)
- 1 pot Aoraki Malossol Caviar (optional)
- ½ cucumber, peeled and cubed
- sea salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 NZ Avocado, quartered, skinned and cubed
- 1 tbsp Superb Herb Italian parsley, coarsely chopped
- Zesty Dill Dressing:
- ¾ cup Tatua sour cream
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 ½ tbsp Superb Herb fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1–2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- ½ tsp white sugar
- 4 small handfuls Superb Herb crazy peas
- 2–3 baby cos lettuce leaves, shredded
- extra parsley
- Place the cucumber in a bowl and add the olive oil, lemon juice, and chilli, and combine. Gently fold in the avocado and parsley.
- Mix all dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
To serve: In small glasses, layer lettuce, avocado salad, and hot smoked salmon. Serve with a drizzle of zesty dill dressing and a spoonful of caviar on top. Decorate with crazy peas.