- 4 slices streaky bacon, cut into pieces (we love Hellers)
- Avocado cooking oil (we love Olivado)
- 1 onion - finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves - minced
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp paprika, smoked
- 2 small or 1 large red capsicum, diced
- 800g fresh tomatoes, diced
- a handful of baby spinach leaves
- sea salt and black pepper
- 4 eggs (we love Frienz)
- a handful coriander, fresh leaves
- 1 avocado - smashed (we love New Zealand Avocado)
- 2 Spring onions - thinly sliced
- To serve
- Tortilla (we love Gianni’s)
- We used a Le Creuset cast iron signature skillet to cook this dish.
In a non stick fry pan fry off the bacon until crispy and golden over a medium hot heat. Set aside.
In a heavy based shallow fry pan, fry the onion in a drizzle of avocado cooking oil over a medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened.
Add the garlic, capsicum and all the spices to the pan and cook for another 2 minutes.
Add the tomatoes and ½ cup water, season with salt and pepper, then stir everything together and leave to simmer for 10 minutes until reduced to a thick, rich sauce.
Stir through the spinach and bacon and cook for a few minutes.
Make four wells in the tomato sauce mixture with a spoon and crack an egg into each. Place the lid on for about 4 minutes until whites are set but yolks are still runny.
Scatter over the coriander, spring onions, and heaped spoonfuls of smashed avo on top.
Serve with tortillas and devour!