Lemongrass venison steak & avocado summer rolls
- 2 pieces New Zealand farm raised venison steaks (approx. 220g)
- lemongrass marinade
- 1 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tbsp Golden Sun fish sauce
- 3 tbsp Superb Herb lemongrass, grated
- 1 red chilli,deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Lee Kum Kee pure sesame oil
- 1 New Zealand Avocado, sliced in wedges
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce, thinly sliced
- A handful Superb Herb Vietnamese mint
- A handful Superb Herb Vietnamese mint A handful Superb Herb coriander
- ⅓ cup peanuts, roasted and roughly chopped
- For the Nuoc Cham dipping sauce:
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp coriander, chopped
- 1 tbsp Superb Herb Vietnamese mint, chopped
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 tbsp Golden Sun fish sauce
- 2 tbsp DYC white vinegar
- 1 lime juice and grated zest
- 12 rice paper
- A wide shallow tray/bowl of water to hydrate the rice paper
These summer rolls are light and refreshing, yet satisfying dinner option. Freshly cooked fragrant lemongrass venison steaks paired with creamy avocado wedges and crispy salad vegetables inside of the rice paper parcel. Yummy Asian style dipping sauce to savour with.
Prep time: 15 minutes, plus marinating time 20 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
- Mix lemongrass marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Pour over the venison steaks and marinate for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the two dipping sauces . Combine all the ingredients of each sauce in two separate small bowls. Set aside.
- Prepare all salad ingredients and arrange on a serving platter.
- Barbecue or pan-fry venison steaks over medium high heat. Cook 3–4 minutes each side. Cover with foil and rest for 5 minutes. Slice into strips.
- Soak a piece of rice paper in water for 10 seconds. Place in a dump tea towel. Arrange filling ingredients in the middle. Wrap and roll to make into a cylinder shaped spring roll. Repeat until the ingredients are used up.
- Serve with the dipping sauce to enjoy.