Mango Hoisin Butterfly Chicken
This fruity, sweet and salty Mango Hoisin marinated chicken is a delightful Asian twist on your roast favourite roast chicken. Serve alongside lemony griddled broccolini and the freshest Mango & Avo salsa.
1hr 20 mins
- 1 free-range mango hoisin butterfly chicken (we love Waitoa)
- 2 avocados, diced (we love NZ Avocado)
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 capsicum, diced
- 1 handful fresh coriander, roughly chopped (we love Superb Herb)
- ½ chilli, finely diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1 tbsp avocado oil (we love Olivado)
- 250g sweet stem broccoli (we love The Fresh Grower)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 190C.
- Place chicken on a lightly greased tray and bake for 75 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Make the salsa. Combine the diced avocados, mango, capsicum, chilli, a pinch of salt, and fresh coriander in a bowl. Add the lime juice and toss lightly.
- Rinse the broccoli stems, leaving a little water on them.
- Heat the griddle pan on high heat. Drizzle with avocado oil. Place the stem broccoli and halved lemons on the hot pan. Sprinkle with salt and ground pepper.
- Turn the broccoli stems after they’ve coloured on one side. Once it’s nicely charred squeeze the grilled lemons over.
- Serve the roast chicken on a bed of sweet stem broccoli and lemon with the salsa at side.