Hot honey salmon and avocado bowl
- Half a cucumber
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 salmon fillet, skinless
- 1/3 cup Sweet Sting hot honey
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 packet microwaveable rice
- 1 NZ avocado
- 1 spring onion sliced
- Sesame seeds, toasted
- Chilli flakes
- To make the quick pickled cucumber, add the sliced cucumber, rice vinegar and sugar, mix together. Set aside.
- Cut the salmon into cubes. In a bowl mix together the honey, hot water and sesame oil. Add in the salmon to marinade.
- Heat a frying pan to medium heat. Add the salmon and honey mixture into the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Slice the avocado. Cook the rice in accordance with the instructions on the packet.
- To build the bowl, add in the rice, hot honey salmon, pickled cucumber and avocado. Garnish with spring onion, toasted sesame seeds, coriander and chili flakes.