Mexican Avocado salad with avocado sour cream
4 as appetiser
- 1 New Zealand avocado, sliced
- 1 small red onion diced
- 1/2 red capsicum, chopped
- 1/2 green capsicum, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 2 ears fresh corn
- cooking oil
- Avocado sour cream
- ½ cup Tatua sour cream
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 New Zealand avocado, scooped
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp cumin
- a handful of Superb Herb coriander
- pinch of cayenne pepper, optional
- Corn chips or toasted pita to serve - optional
Cheerful and colourful salsa salad for sharing. Serve with corn chips or toasted bread to accompany your favourite drinks. Perfect for a casual home party with friends.
- Brush each of the ears of corn with a little oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in the airfryer basket and cook on the grill setting for 3 minutes. Turn and cook for a further 3 minutes. Set aside to cool, then carefully slice the kernels off of the cob.
- Meanwhile, make the avocado sour cream. Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Taste and season. Add cayenne pepper for a kick (optional).
- Mix all the salad ingredients on a platter or bowl. Garnish with coriander, scatter a handful of corn chips and a drop of avocado sour cream to serve.