@kitchenoftreats Avocado Chocolate Truffles
- - 150g Whittaker’s 72% Dark Ghana Chocolate, melted
- - 1 Large Avocado, Mashed
- - ½ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- - Pinch of salt
- - Cocoa Powder, for rolling
- Easter decoration:
- - 150g Whittaker’s 50% Dark Chocolate
- - 1 teaspoon Coconut Oil
- - 75g Whittaker’s White Chocolate
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, mash avocado until smooth and lump-free.
- Melt Whittaker’s chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl
- When chocolate is melted and smooth, pour into mashed avocado and stir together. Mix in vanilla.
- When combined and smooth, place in the fridge for about 30mins or until hardened.
- When cool and hard, mould into small even-sized balls.
- Roll each ball in cocoa powder and serve.
- Truffles will last in the fridge for 2-3 days.
To add an Easter touch to your truffles.
- Melt together in a small bowl, Whittaker’s 50% chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave (in increments to avoid burning.)
- When melted and smooth, cover each truffle in chocolate (I used a fork to do this) Place on a cooling tray to set (this will allow any excess chocolate to drip off.)
- Once set, melt Whittaker’s white chocolate in the microwave, pour into a piping bag and pipe white crosses on each of the truffles.
- The truffles are quite rich – if you prefer a slightly more mild chocolate truffle taste, use 62% Whittaker’s Chocolate, rather than 72% Whittaker’s Chocolate in the base truffle recipe.